Orange Grove Bio is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Biologist to join our team. In this position, you will use your broad experiences in drug discovery research to advance our existing pipelines and evaluate potential programs and assets. You will be working with CROs to carry out in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies to identify, optimize, and characterize drug candidates, including small molecules, biologics, and other therapeutic modalities. This role will collaborate closely with internal and external experts and scientific founders to drive drug discovery programs forward while participating in business development and external program evaluation.
The ideal candidate can be located in either Cincinnati, OH, or Indianapolis, IN.
- Manage day-to-day research efforts for specific programs with CROs, academics, and corporate collaborators, including research activities in the areas of biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, and in vivo pharmacology.
- Design suitable assays to identify, optimize, and fully characterize drug candidates.
- Supervise CRO activities in assay execution and troubleshooting, data quality, turnaround time, and communication.
- Deliver data and contribute to critical data interpretation and evaluation.
- Assist in crafting preclinical strategy plan and oversee study execution per project timeline.
- Provide preclinical scientific input on the evaluation of novel technologies and projects
- Participate in business development due diligence.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, or related life-science fields with 7+ years, or BS/MS degrees with 10+ years, of hands-on experience in drug discovery research, with expertise in biochemistry, cell biology, or in vivo pharmacology
- Significant experience in multiple aspects of drug discovery with a good understanding of the overall processes of both drug discovery and early clinical development.
- Expertise in developing a wide array of studies, including various binding and enzymatic assays, cell-based assays, and/or animal model studies.
- Successful track record in managing CRO activities
- Having both small molecule and biologics drug discovery experiences is a plus
- Excellent peer-review publication or patenting track record.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines and to collaborate in a fast-paced multidisciplinary start-up environment.