Orange Grove Bio is seeking a Director of Finance responsible for financial projections, managing capitalization tables across Orange Grove Bio and related entities, and reporting financing metrics to the senior leadership team and the boards of Orange Grove and its subsidiaries. This person will be knowledgeable of startup business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to assist in monthly reporting and long-range financial planning. Assists with the annual budget preparation for Orange Grove and related entities. Attend scheduled meetings and ensure information from meetings is presented to appropriate staff promptly. This position will work closely with the company Controller and report to the Chief Business Operations Officer. This is a high-profile position with extensive direct exposure to the Orange Grove executive team, board members, and current potential investors.
- Establish and maintain OGB's financial strategy and oversee the finance and accounting operations
- Develop the venture financial models for new companies, including cap table development, the impact of financing rounds, accommodation of anti-dilutive stakes
- Design new company budget
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of OGB with respect to organizational goals, budgets, and forecasts
- Oversees all accounting activities, including income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, tax audits, etc.
- Provide financial insight, guidance, direction, and recommendations to senior-level executives
- Knowledge and exposure of accounting and finance roles as the finance director will have oversight of these areas
- Work with scientific diligence teams to design budgets for new companies
- Maintain cap tables across the organization and assess the impact of financing rounds, accommodate anti-dilutive stakes
- Assess financial risk/rewards of growth and other strategic initiatives
- Recognize and prioritize opportunities for process improvement
- Other duties assigned.
- An MBA degree is preferred
- Finance and accounting certifications are strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of managing a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- FINRA knowledge is a plus
- Strong modeling capabilities and working knowledge of applied statistics, specifically Monte Carlo simulations, to test long-term expected portfolio growth.
- Strong experience working with creating and managing cap tables in Carta
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills
- Proficient in various accounting and financial software
- Comfortable wearing many hats
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
At Orange Grove Bio, diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of our DNA. This drives a strong, positive culture, and that, in turn, drives innovation. Innovation means more therapies to help patients, and that means, a healthier world.