Orange Grove Bio is seeking an Associate Director to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a strong work ethic. This person will report into the Pennsylvania-based Venture Partner and work closely with other members of the organization.
- Conduct detailed diligence and support venture creation efforts by collaborating with scientific and cross-functional experts across the organization
- Prepare and present full diligence materials for internal decision-making committees
- Source opportunities through regular engagement with partner institutions and proactive analysis of published scientific literature
- Build solid relationships with research universities and the life sciences community within the greater Northeast region and help build the Orange Grove Bio brand through these relationships
- Assist in the creation of development plans aimed at bringing new therapeutics programs into the clinic and ultimately to patients
- Develop an “informed perspective” of the life sciences sector, and stay abreast of major dynamics impacting public and private therapeutics companies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in biomedical science with 1-3 years of post-graduate experience in life sciences consulting, university tech transfer, equity research, venture-backed startup operations, or similarly relevant experience
- Understanding of and experience in translational science and drug discovery/development
- Comfortable in a start-up environment
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills