Orange Grove Bio (OGB) seeks a talented Grant Writer to join our rapidly growing team. This person will support OGB in preparing, writing, and submitting grant applications for funding opportunities relevant to preclinical therapeutics development plans. In addition, this person will assist with the preparation and coordination of needed documentation for progress reports and the preparation of written and visual materials for development applications and reports.
- Identify relevant grant opportunities from government, non-government agencies, private foundations, and corporations.
- Draft and submit grant applications and supporting documentation consistent with the specific requirements for each opportunity.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by funding agencies, including working with the Chief Finance Officer to gather any financial information necessary to report to funding agencies on current grant programs.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals
- Maintain positive relationships with funding agencies, program officer providers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities
- Closely monitors the annual grant writing budget to meet or exceed financial goals.
- Understand Orange Grove Bio's structure, objectives, scientific programs, and financial needs in order to effectively guide the grant identification and submission process.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Biology or related field with 3-5 years of experience.
- B.S. in Biology may be considered with significant experience and success in securing grant money.
- Experience in drafting and submitting, successfully funded scientific research grant applications within the life sciences. Experience with NIH SBIR grants is strongly preferred.
- Experience in technical writing, proofreading, editing, copywriting, and related written communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, Disease Foundation, and other non-profit funding sources are strongly preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.